[squeak-dev] What turns off newcomers

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Apr 9 08:06:26 UTC 2008

Hello Sean,

SH> I hate to add more noise to this, but +1 from me, too.  It'd be
SH> interesting if the entire initial Squeak image UI could be made to
SH> feel more like a "traditional" language IDE by default where you
SH> primarily see *your* project code/classes with everything else
SH> available by more indirect means.

you would need Tric Refactoring Browser by Cees DeGroot which starts
empty. "Find class" adds all classes of that classes category and right
clicking on a category brings "hide this category" and "hide all" menu
options.

I'm on 3.8 and can't tell if the switch to OB might stop this feature.
This and the tracing messages browser from Chris Muller (hierarchical
cross class view of an algorithm in a single window) help me to get
up to speed with projects I had to abandon for a month or two.

Cheers,

Herbert