[squeak-dev] Image crashes just after start-up

David Röthlisberger squeak at c3com.ch
Mon Apr 14 15:31:27 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have an image (3.9, several additional packages loaded) that crashes as soon as I
start it. It loads, then I see the World for maybe a second, and then, boom!, it's gone.
Is there any possibility to see what code has been executed just before the crash to
debug the problem? I do not get any debugger or any error msg that I could use to
locate the problem. Do you have any hints?

I heard of a VM that logs every msg send, it's described here, at the bottom:
http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html
This VM unfortunately doesn't work properly on my system, an Intel Mac.

Any hints are highly appreciated.

Cheers,
David