[squeak-dev] Transcript in front

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Wed Apr 16 20:55:57 UTC 2008

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 16.04.2008, at 11:58, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
>> Gary Chambers wrote:
>>> (SystemWindow allSubInstances select: [:w |
>>>         w model class == TranscriptStream])
>>>     do: [:w | w comeToFront]
>>>
>>> Should do the trick.
>>
>> Thanks, working beautifully.
>

> This one is better:
>
> Transcript dependents do: [:d | d isSystemWindow ifTrue: [d comeToFront]]

Nice.

I thought there might be some message I could send to Transcript but had
no idea what.

I inspected Transcript and it showed me a TranscriptStream. Browsing
TranscriptStream showed me an openAsMorph. From there it was easy to get
lost.

If I have a object available such as Transcript in a workspace. Is there
an easy way to find out all of the messages that object will answer?
Like a way to discover the #dependents message above?

Or do I have to go to a SystemBrowser and explore?

Thanks.

Jimmie