[squeak-dev] Install on Debian / Ubuntu binary-amd64

Miguel Cobá m.coba.m at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 23:51:19 UTC 2008

Then you can show them how enterprisey is Sun for not having an amd64 port
for the java plugin:

Or maybe this for adobe flash:

http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2006/10/whats_so_difficult_64bit_editi.html

So, man, don't give up. Keep trying, use virtualbox on your amd64 machine
and install a 32bits debian or use a chroot and *develop*
your application. When you have it right show it to the managers, not the
sysadmins. Convince them of the advantages, of the fact that you alone built
that preciouse app and that if they support you, you can take them to the
forbes 100 with just a pair of great smalltalk/squeak/seaside develpers, a
couple of months and a simple call to the sysadmin to install a chroot in
his beloved amd64 machine. Maybe, if you use sweet words the manager approve
the money for a brand new machine where the sysadmin should have to install
a chroot to host your marvelous app. You see, with a bit of effor you will
have your own server. The sky is the limit.

Cheers,
Miguel Cobá