[squeak-dev] About Etoys and another Morphic creatures

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Apr 24 10:43:50 UTC 2008

In #IRC with some people we discuss about future directions of Squeak.

A point of disagree with any "MinimalMorphic" is which Morphs should be
into.

For me , I wish a image which could save and load Projects, Morphs and have
Flaps.

For Etoys, I think they should go out, to a his own package and maintained
by OLPC people or others who know more about.

But should be loadable as option.

I hear about Etoys troubles in 3.10.
I glad to show with attached picture , Etoys are alive and projects created
in 3.10 could be loaded without any trouble in FunSqueak and also in old 3.9
dirty image I also use.

If any wish, I could create a TestEtoys page in swiki with this very single
project for any wishing test Project/Etoys loading and work in shrinked
images.

Edgar