[squeak-dev] Re: Input on class design for someone new to squeak

Danny Chan chan_dhf at yahoo.de
Thu Apr 24 18:54:04 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, 22. April 2008 20:13:14 schrieb Craig Latta:
>  > Lately I have been playing with approaches to implement multi
>  > dimensional arrays...
>
>       What's the intended use?
>

> -C

At the moment, mostly for image processing, both of offline images as well as
from live image streams captured from hardware. Therefore I need flexible
indexing schemes, different data types and some support for basic statistics,
later on support for some basic least squares fitting. Probably more things
in time. And I must be able to do most things inplace without a lot of
copying.

Basically I would like to do the things I can do in my favourite environment
for scientific computing (python + numpy) in my favourite development
environment, and it seems right now, that Smalltalk is starting to become
this environment.

Danny