[squeak-dev] Process bug introduced in 3.10

bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 26 21:35:03 UTC 2008

Run the following in a 3.10 image:
   100 timesRepeat:
	[processes := (1 to: 10) collect: [:each| [[(MessageTally spyOn: [(Delay forMilliseconds: 500) wait]) ] repeat] fork ].
	(Delay forSeconds: 1) wait.
	processes do: [:each| each terminate].]

It locks up the image, debuggers will start popping up at some stage.
This works on 3.9. I've run the code above in a fresh 3.10 image and
reproduced the problem.

I'll try to find time to investigate further. It's probably the final
showstopper to me upgrading to 3.10. The code above is reworked from
on of Exupery's SUnits which locks up the image intermittently.

Bryce