[squeak-dev] Inconsistency in class hierarchy after installing RefactoringBrowser?

Johan Björk jbjoerk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 09:18:37 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

I recently installed the Refactoring browser, and now I'm seeing very
strange things in my application.

If I execute
HierarchyBrowser superclass name. ->>  #RefactoringBrowser
Browser subclasses. ->> {FileContentsBrowser . PackagePaneBrowser .
HierarchyBrowser . MessageSet . RefactoringBrowser}

Ie, HierarchyBrowser is a subclass of RefactoringBrowser
But it's also a subclass of Browser!

The same effect is visible if you look at "Hierarchy" in the browser.
If you select Browser, you can see HierarchyBrowser as a subclass. If
you however select HierarchyBrowser, it is then a subclass to
RefactoringBrowser.

Not sure if this is "wrong"? Ideas?

Thanks in advance
/Johan