[squeak-dev] Sapphire is a good news

Giovanni Giorgi jj at objectsroot.com
Wed Apr 30 08:13:13 UTC 2008

Hi all,
 From the Sapphire web site I read:
Sapphire wants to take a fresh look at the Smalltalk philosophy and
current implementations. The idea is to produce high quality
open-source packages that will be loadable on a micro kernel.

As some of you know, I was a Smalltalk fan&developer in the last
twelve years. I have stopped working on smalltalk years ago... anyway,
I am happy to look forward the Squeak Smalltalk Community from time to
time.
 I have republished an article on my blog, posted by me on
SqueakPeople, over 4 years ago:
http://blog.objectsroot.com/blog/2008/apr/29/boosting-squeak-rocksolid-images/

The reason of this republish is simple: I am very happy to see a
Squeak code fork called "Sapphire" which share most of my thoughts.
I do not love code forks, and I avoided carefully them while working
for the Squeak Community.
Anyway, after some discussion I have seen on the list, I think
Sapphire  is a good idea, and it should work nicely with Squeak main
code trunk, and vice-versa.

I will take a look to Sapphire, and you will find my throughts in the
next months on my blog.
You are free to leave comment on my blog.

My 1,25 cent (but they are euros, so I can say   "my 2 (U.S.)
cents"... byeeee  :-)
--
Giovanni Giorgi
Software Architect -- Senior Consultant