[squeak-dev] Re: HydraVM win32 update

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 09:18:38 UTC 2008

2008/8/2 Klaus D. Witzel <klaus.witzel at cobss.com>:
> On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 10:59:09 +0200, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
>> Yes, i'm aware of this issue.
>>
>> It looks like
>> gawk -f ../platforms/win32/misc/gnuify ./src/vm/interp.c >
>> ./src/vm/gnu-interp.c
>>
>> forks another process and returns control to make immediately, before
>> completely done generating gnu-interp.c.
>> This leads to situation, that next command:
>>
>> gcc -o ./obj/vm/gnu-interp.o ..... -c gnu-interp.c
>>
>> don't see the gnu-interp.c at the moment and bails out with error.
>> It is not a makefile issue, i guess its a make / gawk issue , maybe
>> gawk forking child process and returns immediately.. , or maybe output
>> redirection in windoze (> ./src/vm/gnu-interp.c) works in mystical
>> ways incompatible with gnu make.
>>
>> Concerning linker errors.. i will make a clean install & checkout to
>> see if it works for me.
>
> Thanks.
>
> BTW it also seems to be sensitive to none/what plugins are put internal.
> Have a list handy somewhere (just so that it DoesTheRightThing). TIA

ah, yes, some plugins should be mandatory included as internal into
build, otherwise you'll be unable to build vm.

Here the list of internal plugins which included in my build:
#ADPCMCodecPlugin #AsynchFilePlugin #B3DAcceleratorPlugin
#BalloonEnginePlugin #BitBltSimulation #BMPReadWriterPlugin
#CroquetPlugin #DeflatePlugin #DropPlugin #DSAPlugin #FFTPlugin
#FileDialogPlugin #FilePlugin #FloatArrayPlugin #FloatMathPlugin
#GeniePlugin #HostWindowPlugin #JoystickTabletPlugin #JPEGReaderPlugin
#JPEGReadWriter2Plugin #KlattSynthesizerPlugin #LargeIntegersPlugin
#LocalePlugin #Matrix2x3Plugin #MIDIPlugin #MiscPrimitivePlugin
#Mpeg3Plugin #RePlugin #SecurityPlugin #SerialPlugin #SocketPlugin
#SoundCodecPlugin #SoundGenerationPlugin #SoundPlugin
#StarSqueakPlugin #SurfacePlugin #UUIDPlugin

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.