[squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] August 2008 versions

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 19:00:56 UTC 2008

Some feedback on Squeak3.10.2-7179.

- fonts is ugly. The brave attempt of using subpixels is completely
failed (IMO). I able to see the crisp colored pixels instead of smooth
black glyphs. Lowering contrast may help.

- a thumbnail view (when hovering a mouse over a taskbar button) is
broken - a mess of rendering artifacts.
- labels of items in Tools flap can be barely read.

I suspect all of these issues having single source - changes in fonts
and font rendering mechanisms.

P.S. Thank you for maintaining and working on releases of dev images.
Keep it going! :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.