[squeak-dev] Re: About controlling debugger popping up

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Tue Aug 5 18:37:18 UTC 2008

Hello John,

JMM> that sometimes only shows: Gee how did they do that, but then you have
JMM> no way to ask what they were doing...  Suggestions on how to entice
JMM> that information out of a user is welcome.
if they are willing to reply (our customers do) they won't remember
how they did it. So we keep a list of the last 5000 function calls
with parameters in memory and dump that list too.

Then in case of a crash we can follow the series of top level
invocations. Did this when several customers reported the same bug and
we couldn't reproduce it for months.

No Smalltalk so it was a lot of work :-))

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net