[squeak-dev] Re: About controlling debugger popping up

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Aug 5 19:31:57 UTC 2008

Herbert König wrote:
> JMM> that sometimes only shows: Gee how did they do that, but then you have
> JMM> no way to ask what they were doing...  Suggestions on how to entice
> JMM> that information out of a user is welcome.
> if they are willing to reply (our customers do) they won't remember
> how they did it. So we keep a list of the last 5000 function calls
> with parameters in memory and dump that list too.

What we do is writing log information to the transcript and send this
along. It's an invaluable resource since you can basically follow along
(in very general terms) what people were doing and in particular
exceptional situations (for us that's mostly connection drops and
reconnect handling) can be caught that way.

Cheers,
   - Andreas