[squeak-dev] Compilation of HydraVM

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 10:22:42 UTC 2008

2008/8/6 Frank Urbach <frank.urbach at schmees.com>:
> My first try to get my own vm ends with the following error-message of make:
>
> ---------------- Makefile settings ------------------
> VPATH=./src/vm ../platforms/win32/vm ../platforms/Cross/vm
> INCLUDES=-I. -I./src/vm -I../platforms/win32/vm -I../platforms/Cross/vm
> -Ic:/dx7
> sdk/include
> CFLAGS=-g -mpentium -mwindows -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
> -fschedule-ins
> ns2 -O2
> mkdir .\obj\vm
> mkdir: cannot create directory `.objvm': File exists
> make: *** [obj/vm] Error 1
>
> the structure of my build-system:
>
> croquet-sdk 1.0.18
>
> |_ HydraVM
>
>        |_platforms
>
>        |_winbuild
>
> I gone through the build process with Klaus (Thanks Klaus :-)).
>
> I'm on WindowsXP and checked out the svn branche of HydraVM from
> squeakvm.org.
>
> Any suggestions appreciate.

It seems that you using a GNU bash command line, not running make from
windows command line.
a bash-s mkdir treats backslashes differently that's why :
 mkdir .\obj\vm
> mkdir: cannot create directory `.objvm': File exists

If you going to run make from bash command line, i would recommend you
to use makefile.mingw32 , where i fixed all backslashes to straight
ones.
But mingw using different GCC version, which producing VM which is
about 30% slower comparing to VM built with GCC 2.95.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.