[squeak-dev] Re: The solution of

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Aug 8 00:13:15 UTC 2008

 > > > ...SystemTracer [doesn't give us a way to] truncate unwanted stuff
 > > > from the current image to produce a new, smaller one.
 > >
 > > Yes, it does. It's called "clamping". See the class comment for
 > > SystemTracer. :)
 >
 > I have a SystemTracer2, which comment reads... [no mention of
 > clamping]

      I was referring to the class comment for SystemTracer (in, for
example, Squeak 3.2). In particular, it says "The tracer has built-in
support for clamping unwanted (or unneeded) objects out of the system."

      More importantly, Tim has used it extensively and
been-there-done-that with all of this. :)

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist