[squeak-dev] Learn on Squeak VM

Ang Beepeng beepeng86 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 15:03:17 UTC 2008

Good day. Thanks for all the helps, very much appreciated.

I have been reading, finding steps by steps tutorial on how to create a
plugin. I have try out tutorial on the book "Extending the Squeak Virtual
Machine" by Andy Greenberg, and web page "NamedPrimitiveTutorial" by the
same author. I cant get the plugin to translate into C. According the book
we can use the message 'translate'  to translate plugin into C. I figure
that there are package like "VMMker-Translate to C", but not sure how to use
them.

My question is,is there any step by step example available to learn on how
to build a plugin. I saw this page "Extending Squeak by Writing Plugins" by
Ned Konz

http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/writingPlugins.html

But I am concern whether the page is up-to-date to learn on, as it seems to
be wrote on 2002. (no offence :) Or is there any better place to start with?

Thanks.