[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Monticello 2.0.20

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Fri Aug 15 01:23:01 UTC 2008

On 14-Aug-08, at 10:01 AM, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Is there a way to take existing changesets and make them slices?
> How do MC2 slices integrate with changesets?  Do slices have names
> that match changesets or what?  If I'm in a changeset do changes get
> added to the corresponding slice automatically?  Where can I read up
> on this?

I guess this needs to be added to the documentation.

Yes, you can use existing change sets. When you create a
ChangeSetSlice, MC prompts you with a menu of change sets. You choose
one, and the new slice keeps a reference to it and acts as an adaptor
between MC and the change set. You manage the change set normally,
using the existing tools. When you take a snapshot of the slice it
will include all the elements that are touched by the change set.

Colin