[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Monticello 2.0.20

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 15 22:25:57 UTC 2008

Eliot Miranda wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 7:20 AM, Colin Putney <cputney at wiresong.ca
> <mailto:cputney at wiresong.ca>> wrote:
>

>     On 14-Aug-08, at 6:57 PM, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>
>         Does a ChangeSetSlice record the preamble and postscript?  Do
>         these get run automaticaly when a ChangeSetSlice is loaded?
>

>     No, that doesn't really fit with MC's versioning model.
>
>     Does your closure bootstrap have preamble and postscript? What do
>     they do?
>

> There are a few.  Preamble is essentially commentary so we can ignore
> it, but it would be great if MC2 supported a per-package or per-slice
> comment that allowed one to document the purpose, api and authorship
> et al of a package/slice.

The latest MC1.5/1.6 no longer manage the list of loaded packages
themselves. PackageOrganizer is considered the master list, managing
PackageInfo instances.

PackageInfo latest has a properties dictionary that is used for
postscripts, preambles etc in MC1.

If I recall correctly MC1 serializes the instance of PackageInfo into
the package zip file for reference purposes.

MC2 (which I havent looked at yet) could do likewise.

best regards

Keith