[squeak-dev] Traits strangeness

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 20 17:30:18 UTC 2008

I have been beset by some trait strangeness. I am using damien's 3.9.1
images (via ramon).

A trait (T) method (tmA) 'inherited' by a class C usually shows up in
italics in a class browser on C. Editing tmA on T itself correctly affects
C.

Then, seemingly at random, a trait edit will not propagate to the class.
When I look at C I now see tmA without italics. It has the old version of
tmA. I did not put it there myself.

In between were some round trips to monticello, and some saves or exits or
re-starts of the image.

Any ideas? I did a tiny experiment and predictably could not reproduce it.

Thanks - Sophie