[squeak-dev] How to find...?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Aug 21 13:45:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 20:51 -0700, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> At Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:55:56 -0500,
> Ken Causey wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 16:26 -0700, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> > > Thank you, Ken,

> > >   The detail I'm looking for is to make the mapping from the author
> > > initials to the authors full name.  I don't mind to look at the
> > > textual information in the preamble, but it is hard to find which one
> > > contains the method and the version in question.
> > >

> > >   I managed to fill most of the '?'  marks on:
> > >
> > > http://www.netjam.org/squeak/contributors/missingSignatories
> > >
> > > but not the 3.9 era contributors.  How would you find who 'tp' was,
> > > for example?
> > >
> > >   (How about:
> > >
> > > 'ASF', 'edt', 'EP', 'EW', 'm', 'NDCC', 'sk', 'YE'?
> >
> > I can sort of help regarding 'YE'.
>
>   The question is still about "how to find" such a change.

I'm sorry I'm still confused.  What do you mean by 'such a change'?

> > I ran into those initials when
> > planning to export SkipList and license it as MIT.  I emailed all of the
> > other authors of SkipList I could find and in the process asked if
> > anyone recognized those initials.  Stephane Ducasse replied (in the
> > context of SkipList): "It was one of my student and I forgot to remove
> > his initial when I  rewrote all his tests."  I'm not sure I really
> > understand the relevance of this response but I have not as yet
> > revisited it since I have not heard from a much more relevant
> > contributor, Scott A. Crosby (SAC).  I don't suppose he has responded
> > with a signature since I last checked?
>
>   Hmm, I wonder why the version in the OLPC image is older and all
> with Leandro's initials...

Uhm, I may be confused again, or maybe I confused you.  I did not mean
to imply that Scott is the only contributor to SkipList, Leandro
Caniglia is certainly another major contributor and Stephane and Tom
Koenig have also contributed.  Both of them have signed the agreement
though and so there are no concerns regarding the licensing, at least.

Ken