[squeak-dev] How to find...?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Aug 21 20:49:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 15:38 -0500, Ken Causey wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 13:20 -0700, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> > Come to think of it, 'jp' should be Jens Uwe Pipka.
> >
> >   Among others, I really would like to get the agreements from Richard
> > Harmon, Sames and 'jp'.  Antony told me that Sames has an email
> > address at Cincom.  Does anybody commutes to the same office with him
> > or such?
>
> I've asked Michael Lucas-Smith to point out we are looking for him and
> he said he would do so.
>
> Ken

According to Michael:

<michaell> jp is Joseph Pelrine
<kencausey> michaell: Oh?  Is that from Samuel?
<michaell> no that's from me, i know both of them well
<kencausey> michaell: And it makes sense Joseph would have worked on
SUnit code that would have been incorporated into Squeak?
<michaell> yep. Joseph was the maintainer of SUnit for a long while, in
fact, in theory, is still the current maintainer.
<michaell> Sam worked on SUnit before Joseph and handed it to Joseph
many moons ago.
<michaell> before that, Kent Beck made it.
<michaell> All of the code is public domain
<kencausey> michaell: I see, great, thanks for the info
<michaell> Joseph made SUnit cross-smalltalk, which is how it got
"everywhere"
<kencausey> michaell: Do you think his metaprog.com email address is
still valid?
<michaell> yep

That is jpelrine at metaprog.com