[squeak-dev] How to find...?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Aug 21 22:18:48 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 13:20 -0700, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> 'jj'		   '?'

There is a theory that this is Giovanni Giorgi.  The one method in
3.10.2 with these initials is

jj 10/20/97 15:30 · accessing · 3 implementors · in no change set ·
SoundRecord>>isActive
	"Return true if I have a recordProcess running."

	^ recordProcess ~~ nil

Note the date.  Jecel was kind enough to check in a Squeak 1.3 image and
these initials were on several methods both in the sound and form areas.
This goes back a long way, but all the submissions are from that date.
First thought was maybe that this was someone at Disney, but given
submissions only on one date maybe this was a one time contributor?  Or
someone who used those initials only once, which might bring us back to
Giovanni Giorgi, but was he involved that far back?

Jecel has email going back that far and is in the process of looking
through it, he or I will follow up if anything is found.

> 'abc'	             '?'

There is some thought that this one is going to be a problem because it
was used in some cases where for some reason the initials were entered
like this because it wasn't thought to be relevant but then the same
image was used later to produce a fix without updating the initials.
However against that theory is the fact that all of the methods with
these initials are in the Monticello packages, but they span a period of
about 4 1/2 years.  This may turn out to be Keith Hodges, we are trying
to figure it out.  But there is also a possiblity that Alexandre Bergel
used these at least a time or two.

Ken