[squeak-dev] [ANN] MC Converter 1.1.31

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Fri Aug 22 07:03:25 UTC 2008

Hi all,

MC Converter is a simple utility for converting MC 1.x repositories
into MC 2.0 repositories. It's the tool I used to take MC 2.0 self
hosting, and I've successfully used it to convert some large-ish
projects like OmniBrowser. With all the versions of MC 1.x floating
around out there, however, I do expect that there will be some issues
and incompatibilities. If you do run into problems converting
repositories, please let me know so I can help sort them out.

Download it from here:

http://www.wiresong.ca/static/releases/MCConverter-current.st

To convert a repository, do the following:

- build an image that contains both your preferred version of MC 1.x
and MC 2.0
- create directory repository containing all the MC1 versions you want
to convert
- file in MCConverter
- write a conversion script - see MDIncrementalConverter>>convertMC2
for an example
- run the script to convert the repository
- open the new repository in an MC2 repository browser to examine the
results

Colin