[squeak-dev] Re: SqueakNOS landing on OLPC's XO

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Fri Aug 29 18:41:10 UTC 2008

K. K. Subramaniam a écrit :
> On Friday 29 Aug 2008 1:37:53 am Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
>> Will work better,
>> http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire/index.php?post/2008/08/28/SqueakNOS-faster-th
>> an-light
> Power-on to workspace in less than 20 seconds! Fantastic!
> OFW and SqueakNOS seems like a perfect fit.

In fact most of the 20s is related to XO self start (openfirmware
hardware test?). As far as I remember loading and installing squeakNOS
is at most 5 s, probably less. Really impressive.

> Is there going to be a post on how it was done? Are all devices (e.g. camera,
> wifi) functional?

No yet. It is nice OLPC people are very helpful to Gera, and Gera is
going back to Argentina with an XO machine, so many reason to continue.

Hilaire