[squeak-dev] [Ann] Sake-Packages new feature

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 08:47:34 UTC 2008

> Yes there is Sake-Packages available via:
>
> Installer install: 'Packages'.
>
> This has all the package definitions as generated from the development
> Universe, and we users can override these definitions in various ways to
> keep them up to date, even when the maintainers have forgotten to update
> Universes. Optionally you can also load similar definitions generated
> from the SqueakMap map.
>
> You can define "known to work in specific image" definitions, and "beta
> - try the latest code" definitions.
>
> Sake-Packages can be told about and use dependencies, it can load from
> anywhere including squeakmap (even if squeakmap is not loaded). It can
> also add dependencies to the existing SqueakMap data.
>
> So... please do join packages at lists.squeakfoundation.org to monitor
> changes and discuss this collaborative work, and join the we USERs of
> the packages in determining what works where.
>
> best regards
>
> Keith
>
> p.s. People hanging out on irc #squeak are also available to help
> collaborate to get as much working for as many people as possible.

I just added a new feature to Sake-Packages

If universes, and "Packages current" defines a package as being loadable
from url: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Aida/Aida-5.6.mcz'.

"Packages beta" will now attempt to automatically work out where the
beta code is, i.e. the latest.

e.g.

Packages beta load: 'Aida'.

Will load using the latest code available from the repository for Aida
and its dependencies i.e. Swazoo.

Installer squeaksource project: 'Aida'; install: 'Aida'.

cheers

Keith