[squeak-dev] FractalMorph 1.2 won't load into 3.10.2-7179

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Dec 5 09:57:03 UTC 2008

On 04/12/2008, at 23:42, Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc. wrote:

> I get this while trying to load FractalMorph 1.2 from the Package
> Universe browser:
>
> PluggableTextMorph(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
> #hideScrollBarIndefinitely
> FractalMorph>>initButtons
> FractalMorph>>initialize
> FractalMorph class(Behavior)>>new
> UndefinedObject>>DoIt
> Compiler>>evaluate:in:to:notifying:ifFail:logged:
> Compiler class>>evaluate:for:notifying:logged:
> Compiler class>>evaluate:for:logged:
> Compiler class>>evaluate:logged:
> [] in MultiByteFileStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
> {[val := (self peekFor: $!)     ifTrue: [(Compiler evaluate: self
> nextChunk l...]}
> BlockContext>>on:do:
> [] in MultiByteFileStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
> {[:bar |  [self atEnd]   whileFalse: [bar value: self position.
> self skipS...]}
> [] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction {[result :=
> workBlock value: progress]}
> BlockContext>>ensure:
> ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
> ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction
> UndefinedObject>>handleSignal:
> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
> ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
> ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
>
> --
> 					Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc.
> 					<woods at planix.ca>

http://map.squeak.org/package/5728e8ea-6a53-4a67-ae1c-07f17defca22

Shows is originated in 3.4 , so no surprise not porper work in 3.10.

As I said in previous mail, we need a Packages Czar now, with power
to rule the Universes :=)

I could do this , if all agree.

For credentials, I made SqueakLight , SqueakLightII, FunSqueak, was
in past Release Team and help to port many old friends to recent images.

Edgar