[squeak-dev] Re: What is Squeak (was Re: Re: package universes, sake/packages, (first time) user experiences, etc.)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 15:33:40 UTC 2008

2008/12/7 Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>:
> Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>>
>> I go away, as now this is de-facto Pharo list.
>
> It is not. As a matter of fact I think that since the Etoy-Haters have now
> found a place they can call home there just may be a chance to get Squeak
> back to where it always belonged.

One people hate Etoys, others hate Traits. :)

Then lets declare 3.8 a best software ever made and leave things as they is.
Since 3.8 is perfect, then any contribution made past 3.8 and any will
be made in future should be rejected because you can't improve what is
already perfect, right? :)
Let's then stop discussing how to improve things - because it is pointless.

There's only one thing which makes me uncomfortable: any organism
which can't evolve and can't react to ever-changing environment
adequately is doomed to become extinct.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.