[squeak-dev] Waiting for 3.11 artifacts.

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 04:47:04 UTC 2008

Hi Keith,

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> Edgar has delivered image after image, but does that help anyone in the
> long run really. It  doesn't help me. I have production code and I don't
> have time to spend a month moving it form one image to another manually,
> without any tools to help, broken MC, broken Universes etc. It doesnt
> help us move forward in the future to something like Morphic 3.0, or COG
> for which atomic loading is likely to be essential.

While I agree that atomic loading is highly desirable I don't want anybody
to think that Cog requires it now.  The bootstrap available on my website is
changeset based and works in Croquet and 3.9, and I'm sure could work in
other versions if I had the time.

The tricky and tedious thing is having to run a different VM, something
that, alas, atomic loading can't help with.

[snip]

> Dont Panic
>
> Keith

Sage advice :)  Now where are those black glasses that light-up black??

best
Eliot