[squeak-dev] Re: Harvesters

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Dec 11 14:47:23 UTC 2008

I think Janko is misunderstanding.  I believe when Goran mentioned 'paid
people' he is referring primarily to Squeak Central in the early days
who of course were actively funded by Apple and then Disney.  More
recently of course others have been able to contribute using time kindly
provided by their employers (Pinesoft comes to mind as an example) and
occasionally work has been funded by a company (Qwaq for example) or an
individual who needs it.  We have never had a system of funding from a
community foundation, for that matter we've not really had a formal
foundation that could do so, at least under any sort of legal/tax
framework.

Ken