[squeak-dev] #saveOnFile won't do

Aidan Gauland wgsilkie at ihug.co.nz
Fri Dec 12 01:16:13 UTC 2008

Hello,

  I'm working on a game engine, and I found the #saveOnFile method in the
Object class, which I can use for saving the game state, but I also want to do
exactly the same thing for storing the initial game state (loaded when the
user starts a new game) with one exception: instead of writing to a file, I
want to store it internally (in the image).  I can't set up the game
programatically, because I use the Object Explorer for building the game
(which works very well for this purpose, I might add; you don't get that with
other programming languages).

  Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks,
Aidan

P.S.  Please let me know if I should have asked this on the newbies list; I've
only been posting there, until now.