[squeak-dev] Re: A browser for the WordNet lexical db in Smalltalk, anybody?

Steven Elkins sgelkins at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 02:07:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Klaus D. Witzel
<klaus.witzel at cobss.com> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> on Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:44:57 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> Hi Klaus,
>>
>> This is a great idea!  I'll be glad to test anything you create.
>
> :)
>
>> Unfortunately I don't have any time for development.
>
> Do you happen to know Norberto, he emailed that he made an object model in
> Squeak some time ago. Perhaps he can find it and send it to me over the
> weekend.

Don't know Norberto.  I hope he sends you an object model.  Maybe
you're different but the blank sheet of paper is the hardest part of
creating anything for me.

> P.S. suggestions for a WordNet browser GUI in Squeak, anybody ?

Typeahead for search, mouseover for everything in the WN archive, and
an easy-to-extend model.  I'm interested in poetry so one thing I've
thought about is adding some of poetry's technical details to a word's
information---syllables, stresses, rhymes, etc.  With the right kind
of interface, I could enter a poem I like and enter (some or all of)
the information along the way, or just after.  Half an hour at a time.