[squeak-dev] Re: Harvesters

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Dec 12 03:55:46 UTC 2008

Göran Krampe wrote:
> For example - using Installer you can today point to a fix on Mantis and
> install that changeset as a oneliner. So people can more or less "pick"
> the fixes they think are fine. And if we add some kind of feedback
> system into this then fixes could become "included" if enough people use
> them.

Well, we could do something like here:

   http://installer.pbwiki.com/LevelPlayingField-Squeak3:7

A Wiki page (nominally password protected) with candidate fixes and
maybe sections for "untested", "confirmed", and "problematic" with
discussions around the issues. At the end of the process the agreed upon
patches would go into the "approved" section and copied into an update
stream or MC releases for the new version.

If there were a page like this for every release, this may also be a
nice way of discussing potential backport candidates etc.

Cheers,
   - Andreas