[squeak-dev] I would like to create a new team (actually "old"

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 17:30:52 UTC 2008

Hi All,
new new teams called:

        Faster Execution Engine

and
        Faster Interoperability Engine

(suggestions as to what FUM could stand for gratefully received).

Yes, you smell the blood of an Englishman.  I would like to be team leader.
 The tasks are:

 Faster Execution Engine:
    produce an execution engine that supports closures and provides
performance broadly comparable with other Smalltalk JIT virtual machines, of
the order of 10 to 20 times faster than the current VM for benchFib.

Faster Interoperability Engine:
    produce a more flexible and faster FFI based on and integrated with the
execution technology in FEE.

best
Eliot