[squeak-dev] Re: worst crash yet trying to load stuff from Packages Universe in 3.10.2....

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 23:13:10 UTC 2008

Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc. wrote:

> On 16-Dec-2008, at 5:43 PM, Keith Hodges wrote:
>> Are you actually using the 3.10 PU? Or the 'development' universe.
>>
>> Open universe editor to find out.
>
> Hah!  First I've heard of that thing!
>
> It says "Developement" in the top field.
>
> If that's not right then I'd say the official image is broken.
>
> How do I change it to whatever it should be for the official 3.10
> release?  I.e. what do I type or paste into that field to replace the
> word "Development"?
>
> Is someone going to fix 3.10.3 so that it uses the right PU?
No, please don't.

Development is the universe that is currently being updated with the
latest stuff. Most things in there are tested against 3.9 and 3.10,
since thats what developers are using, so it is the most maintained.

Since 3.10 is the current released image then it is in the Development
Universes that package load dependencies stands the best chance of being
fixed.

This is what is called a compromise, and we know what needs to be done,
and that is being done, just not in 3.10

Keith