[squeak-dev] Re: 3.11 deliverable no.1

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 14:13:57 UTC 2008

Andreas Raab wrote:
> Hi Keith -
>
> Not sure where to report this but I noticed that this fix is not in
> yet and it will definitely cause problems:
>
> Installer mantis bug: 6980 fix:
> 'SystemDictionary-recreateSpecialObjectsArray-M6980.st'.
>
> Is there a procedure for proposing fixes for inclusion? (this is why I
> was interested in a wiki - I could've added that and you'd have a
> place to go to the next round)

We left the wiki behind for editing tasks via monticello. Over 90 fixes
have been added this way by various contributors. In this case the task
would be:

Squeak310MakeBuildCandidate-#taskEssentialFixes

In the near future I am aiming to enable a fix to be included simply by
switching the "Status" in Mantis. I have been discussing with Ken about
adding two further status' to mantis. One for placing it into the
unstable build and one for placing it in the stable build. We havent
decided on the appropriate wording.

In the meantime, I started experimenting with using "Acknowledged"
status for unstable and "Confirmed" for stable (since these status
levels are all but unused at present"

Keith