[squeak-dev] Re: Mantis fixes

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Dec 18 21:56:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:10:44 +0100, Ken Causey wrote:

> That's fine with me although I will wait a bit to see if anyone has a
> complaint.  But at the same time an explanation of why would be greatly
> appreciated.  I don't think it is anything you can rely on as few of us
> do it (I think I myself have forgotten more than once)

I'm a user of this Mantis-wikilike-attach-me-a-fix system and I also have
forgotten this more than once. It would help if Installer could look for
that by itself, M1234 cannot not be hard to find in a String ;)

Regardless of that I'm positively surprised how smooth that works with a
dinosaur (pre-Ajax system) like Mantis but the advantages speak for
themselves:

- focus is on the issue level
- sub-issue levels are status, notes, attachments, relations
- no need to invent unique wiki page id's or watch out for clashes

And I can always see which of the patches/fixes made it into the
"upstream". Is there a summary report available somehow (perhaps from
Installer?). Or are there plans that Installer sets one of the status
fields so that reporters+developers can filter that out by themselves?

/Klaus

--
"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
Albert Einstein