[squeak-dev] [fix] Request for help: TextAnchor display broken in 3.9 and newer

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 22:38:53 UTC 2008

> Thanks, Lukas.  From what I can tell from these threads, your method
> override was not to fix anything, but rather was just put in place because
> the method was not present.

As I write in <http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/v3dot9/2006-February/000233.html>
this method was present in older images, I only re-added it.

> In removing your method, not only does
> Stéphane's code work, but also the BadgeMorph's text chat now works again*
> (this was the only code I could find in the image which actually used
> TextAnchor).  I would consider the BadgeMorph to be a true "proof of
> concept" so now that it works again maybe it is a sign that we should remove
> your change to TextAnchor.

I don't think so. All subclasses of TextAttribute implement
#emphasizeScanner:. There would be no point in having the
TextAttribute class, if it does not implement #emphasizeScanner:. The
#emphasizeScanner: method is like the #accept: method in the visitor
pattern. If it is not there, the object is simply ignored.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli