[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] ConflictFinder (help needed!)

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 21 22:11:24 UTC 2008

Assuming that this is in relation to the "development" universe. I have

added the following fixes have been added to Sake/Packages or Universes
(if I have permissions)

Keith

> Magma Server
> ------------
> Question: Can't find dependency Ma exception handling-cmm.16. ignore?
> Answer: false

So it didn't bother loading.

FLAG: for removal from universe - it is loading a very old version.
> KernelExt-kph
> -------------

It is expecting to be loaded in an image with an updated Installer. This
package needs sorting anyway.
> Pier-TabbedPagesWidgets
> -----------------------
fixed typo in the dependencies list.

> Cryptography
> ------------
> Question: The pool dictionary ASN1Constants does not exist.
> Do you want it automatically created?
> Answer: false
> Finding conflicts...

added to:

PacakgesDev-Cryptography

    super Cryptography.
    self answer: '*pool*' with: true.

> Mse
> ---
> WARNING: This package depends on the following classes:
>   SmaCCScanner
>   SmaCCParser
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>   MSEReader

PacakgesDev-Mse

    super Mse.
    self dependsOn: #('SmaCC runtime').
> ShoreComponents
> ---------------
> WARNING: This package depends on the following classes:
>   WAStyleLibrary
>   WAScriptLibrary
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>   ShoreStandardScheme

FLAG FOR: update to newer version (Damien?)

> Telnet
> ------
> Question: The default fixed-width font is abominable.
> Do you want me to create a better fixed-width font for you?
> Answer: true
> Finding conflicts...

overide universe defn with:

PacakgesDev-Telnet

    super Telnet.
    self answer: '*font*' with: true.

> BreakOut
> --------
> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #addAll:
> [] in MCMczReader>>extractDefinitionsFrom: {[:rc |  reader := rc on: member contentStream
> text.  definitions addAll: rea...]}
> MCStReader class(Object)>>ifNotNilDo:
> MCMczReader>>extractDefinitionsFrom:

This looks like a bug in the monticello package or monticello. The
version of Monticello being used to do the loading is unable to read the
binary, and is failing to process the snapshot/source.st  file.

> Universes
> ---------
> WARNING: You are about to load new versions of the following packages that have unsaved
> changes in the image.  If you continue, you will lose these changes.
>
>   Universes
> Finding conflicts...
> 	UConfiguration>>includesPackageNamed: (conflicts with MonticelloConfigurations-
> UniversesFix)
> 	UIMonticello>>handlesFileEnding: (conflicts with MonticelloConfigurations-
> UniversesFix)

Removed MonticelloConfigurations-UniversesFix from the universe.