[squeak-dev] Mantis: Product Version

Zulq Alam me at zulq.net
Mon Dec 22 17:16:34 UTC 2008

Hi All,

What is the Product Version in Mantis supposed to be set to?

   - The version in which the bug is found?
   - The earliest version to which the bug applies?
   - The version in which the fix might get delivered?
   - Something else?

For instance, I recently raised an issue I found in a 3.10 image. I am
pretty sure the issue will be present in all previous images. It's minor
so probably doesn't need fixing in older images, just supported and new
development. I have set the product version to 3.10 as this was the
image in which I found the issue but am not convinced this is sufficient.

All I could find on the Wiki is:

" Generally, any bug report or bug fix should apply to the latest alpha
version of the Squeak image (for example, 3.9alpha). If you find a bug
in the current stable image (e.g. 3.8), you should check to see if the
bug has been fixed in the latest alpha release before posting a bug
report/fix. " [1]

   - What is the latest Alpha version and where can I get it?
   - What about older but supported images, shouldn't they get the
     fix too?

- Zulq.

[1] http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/398