[squeak-dev] Re: losing mouse clicks

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Mon Dec 22 23:06:11 UTC 2008

...and while on the "subject":

When hacking on Blackfoot (my SimpleCGI implementation) I have noticed
that banging on Blackfoot through Nginx (a web server) using ab (apache
benchmark) the image seem to inevitably (but definitely not immediately)
end up in a state where it does not take mouse/keyboard events nor
redraws when being resized. However - it still cranks out SCGI responses
like before. So it doesn't seem to happen easily, but when pushing it
with thousands of requests it eventually happens.

So somehow the UI died but Socket and the listening Process etc works
just fine.

I presume this can happen using KomHttpServer or whatever, intuitively
it can't be something Blackfoot does - anyone seen it?

Using... oh darn, the VM is way old :) It is a 3.9-8, and a 3.9 7067
image. I will see if it still appears with the newest VM/image combo.

regards, Göran