[squeak-dev] re: the Teams page

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Tue Dec 30 01:37:12 UTC 2008

 > Nice to see that you still don't claim [the Teams page] to be "fine".

      On the contrary, I did think my August edits were fine at the
time. The real issue here is that we disagree on how the Teams page
should be maintained.

 > Since you ask (and it is nice if we get this fully fresh), are the
 > following three teams still "active"? ...if their respective Team
 > leaders say they are then I am all fine with them of course. I just
 > suspect at least one or two of those three are pretty "dead".

      I still think that until someone volunteers to take over the team,
or argues that it shouldn't exist conceptually, or the team leader
resigns, having the last known info for the team there is useful.

      I deleted the "software engineering" and "ToolBuilder" teams from
the table because I don't care to argue it. I'll leave it to someone who
wants to lead such teams to bring it up again. As for the "packages"
team, it seems to me that Keith has taken over its task. I've asked him
and Avi if they agree (Avi does, I haven't heard from Keith yet).

 > And the fact that you were unaware of [the data loss] just
 > *reinforces* my belief that the board (or whatever we call them)...

      It's the leadership team.

 > ...have not done a good job in communicating that they work/support
 > the Team model.

      Well, it reinforces my belief that we disagree about what the team
model is and how to communicate about it.

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist