Editing class method sources in single place

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Fri Feb 1 07:12:19 UTC 2008

tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> writes:

> On 31-Jan-08, at 10:00 AM, Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
>> Smalltalks Editors could gain much by
>> just beeing a bit more Emacsish ....
> NNnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
> <runs away, very fast>
Yeah I should have expected, that ;-) It's ok, just you can not deny
it it's much more decent Editor. And it's "environment you live in for
handling text" I for my part would appreciate such an "environment"
where you live in for Squeak also. I know one can but I ask you to be
honest. How useful is Celeste? Or any other tool handling some text,
wouldn't you agree that this relativly bad. I know another bad example
is the integration of Windows programs via COM. Yes you can say,
"heaven help Windows" but you can program everything and it handled
text (among others quite well) Please tell me what would Smalltalks
loose while making handling of text easier? What would you loose? You
still can use your browsers, you still can inspect whatever you like,
but you also would be able to handle Text, and would not have to leave
Smalltalk just to write a letter, an email or whatever. I certainly
can not understand why one can not see the shortcomings in this
area...

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus