lessphic? may be a future for morphic

Joshua Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Fri Feb 1 16:54:07 UTC 2008

You could also do "this sort of thing" using pixel shaders.  GPU Gems
3 has an article by Charles Loop and Jim Blinn entitled "Rendering
Vector Art on the GPU".  They directly render cubic and quadratic
Bezier segments (ie: without tesselation).  Although I haven't given
much thought to extending the technique to support non-linear
coordinate systems, but my first guess is that this is plausible.

Of course, the proportion of world-wide computer users who have this
kind of hardware is quite small.  Hopefully this will change as 3D
becomes more generally useful (not just for gamers).

Josh