To prepare 3.9.1

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 22:21:15 UTC 2008

If you want to use LevelPlayingField as a process to apply and test
these fixes out.

See http://installer.pbwiki.com/MinorFixes-Squeak3:10 and
http://installer.pbwiki.com/MinorFixesUnstable-Squeak3:10.

Then if you produce 3.9 equivalents:

put the bug fixes in http://installer.pbwiki.com/MinorFixes-Squeak3:9
put package upgrades in
http://installer.pbwiki.com/PackageUpgrades-Squeak3:9
put package removals in http://installer.pbwiki.com/Clean-Squeak3:9

Then in a 3.9 image with LPF, or in a 3.9 image without LPF, but with
Installer loaded from squeaksource or
(http://installer.pbwiki.com/f/installer.st ), you can test them all out via

Installer do: 'Latest;Clean'.

or from a command line...

with LPF

#squeak 3.9.image http://installer.pbwiki.com/f/LPF.st Installer +debug
do="Latest;Clean" SmalltalkImage save="3.9.1"

If you want to see the whole script of what it did...

Installer view: 'Latest'.
Installer view: 'Clean'.

Whether we actually want 3.9.1 to be based upon LPF is worth
considering, since LPF
includes MC1.5, Monticello Configurations, Launcher, and Installer
If we dont then these can be loaded later by LPF for anyone that does
want them. (This is easier than unloading them for people that dont want
them).

To perform this process without LPF, simply load Installer from
squeaksource, perform the Installer do:'Latest;Clean'. and then remove
the class Installer before saving.

Once you have something which works as intended, I myself dont know what
happens next  in terms of update streams and packaging etc.

best regards

Keith

p.s. when I did my tentative 3.9.1 in Oct 2006, I put a list of bug
fixes here:
http://squeak310.pbwiki.com/From39To391  Note that the fixes marked as
essential were essential
for the very old LPF to run, as opposed to essential for fixing things.