Morphic 3 architecture.

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 07:57:36 UTC 2008

On Feb 2, 2008 5:47 AM, Colin Putney <cputney at wiresong.ca> wrote:

> You're right - pluggable coordinate systems aren't something that's
> useful to users of Morphic. But that's not the point. Pluggable
> coordinate systems are a feature for developers, not users, and for
> developers it's really useful.

And as I said, it is interesting and I'm interested to see how it
comes out.  But most of the *developers* who use Morphic for their
applications shouldn't see anything about coordinates.  Coordinates
are a low level implementation detail and if I see it in the same
place I see business logic, then that's a leaky abstraction.

The developers who *will* use it are only the ones making some kind of
lower level Morph that has to know, but that won't be the majority of
developers (unless no one is producing any applications), which was
the original statement.