Meeting notes, part two

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Feb 2 21:51:39 UTC 2008

El 2/2/08 4:45 PM, "Matthew Fulmer" <tapplek at gmail.com> escribió:

> The second meeting re-itterated everything discussed in the
> first, and with much more detail. I compiled what I remember of
> the meeting on a wiki page; the others should edit it as needed:
>
> http://installer.pbwiki.org/MeetingNotes
>
> The editing password is "squeak"

I mostly agree.
My disagree with is Installer or any letting load things "unofficial" or
"unblessed".

Someone, not necessary me, should be the only who puts tested code in update
streams.
This is how we work until now and I believe should be retained.

For years the guy in charge was Doug.
For 3.8.2 is Michael
For any 3.11, only one unnamed guy should do this.
And people should get his bug fixes and enh trough updates button as we have
in 3.10 and before in 3.8
Another thing is too risky.
In Mantis any could add test , new code, comments, etc and this is very
good.
Some bug reports deserves teaching to student how to catch, how to test, how
to comment.

But opening the Pandora box.....

Edgar