Squeak and LGPL

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sun Feb 3 01:30:29 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 17:13 -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Bruce> Which of the things that Stephane mentioned are in "Squeak core"?
>
> I was not responding to Stephane, except indirectly, because he said
> "to GST".
>
> My statement is directed at the larger Squeak devel community.
>
> Bruce> He mentioned:
>
> Bruce>        Seaside
> Bruce>        SystemChangeNotifier
> Bruce>        Monticello?
> Bruce>        Traits
>
> All but Seaside.

Actually, the reality is that, unless I'm mistaken no release so far has
actually included a 'core' image.  IIRC the long term plan is to have
three images, a core, a basic, and a kitchensink/full.  The cleaning so
far has not progressed to the point where any release team has been
ready to try to produce a true Core image.  Other than perhaps Traits, I
don't think any of these would be part of a Core image.  Although
perhaps Monticello since it has been part of the core update mechanism
in recent versions, whether that will continue is far from clear.

Ken