Squeak and LGPL

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sun Feb 3 17:23:59 UTC 2008

Jim,

James Robertson wrote:

> You can want to not worry about licenses all you want - but when a
> lawyer comes knocking at your door with a lawsuit, you might feel
> differently.  I'm not going to pretend to understand all the issues
> surrounding the GPL and the LGPL; I don't.  However, I can tell you that
> corporate entities take license issues very, very seriously.
>
> Deciding to ignore a license could easily cost you a sale.

I didn't say to ignore license issues, no, I just said to listen to FSF
treat their opinion by spirit, not by letter.

And just for intermezzo, not whole world has the same judiciary
practice, many parts have much more up-to-the-ground way to solve such
disputes and for those parts the FSF answer is more than adequate, IMO.

Janko