[ANN] Open meeting regarding the Squeak Release Team

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Sun Feb 3 21:08:06 UTC 2008

stephane ducasse a écrit :

> Not at all, if people want to remove traits. I personnally do not care.
> If the community does not want that
> this is ok for me. This will be just an error but this will not be my
> failure because we would have try.
> You know PHP people implemented stateful traits and apparently some want
> to push that in the mainstream.
> The Ruby guy said that he would have preferred traits over his mixin.
> But again this is ok for me/us if traits
> get removed. Traits are not the problems because there are small and do
> not change the run-time.
>
> In 3.9 we integrated a lot of fixes and pragmas and other stuff like
> that. Now if the community
> wants to lose that then this is stupid and I will simply do something
> else. There are plenty of dynamic
> language today with cool communities. We are not the only one.

Don't know if the french expression has any meaning in English, but
steph are you the "hot blood" south european archetype?

Cool down, don't take things as too personnal.
Be patient as a teacher ought to be.
Repeat and repeat again.

And please, don't leave the community!
Threatening should not be the preferred mode of argumentation in this list.

Nicolas