Meeting with Edgar notes

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Feb 3 21:18:20 UTC 2008

stephane ducasse wrote:
> Andreas
>
> You are probably right.
> May be we went too down the road.
> Now try to explain this guy that merging sophie, croquet, OLPC package
> problems is not due to traits.

I'd say that THE major problem in trying to port Croquet to 3.9/3.10
(which I attempted multiple times) were the changes to the class kernel
- which are a direct result of applying traits. So I'm not sure that
saying "it is not due to traits" is the correct way to phrase it.

Similarly for OLPC/eToys - I think the fact that the changes in the
class kernel make projects from older versions unloadable (which IIRC
was a well-known problem by the time 3.9 was released) may have
something to do with it.

Cheers,
   - Andreas